Have a Happy Stay!


Palacio Rioja

A mansion built by Fernando Rioja in 1907, located on Quillota Street, houses an environmental museum. The Museum of Decorative Art has been operating since 1979. The Conservatory of Music Izidor Handler worked there until the beginning of restoration works in 2013.

City landmarks

The Fonck Museum

Located in Cuatro Norte Street, has a large exhibition of pre-Columbian articles, and a large moai (Easter Island statue made of volcanic rock), the only one in mainland Chile, is also on display.

Palacio Carrasco

Built by Emilio Carrasco in 1912, now houses the Municipal Library and also is used for arts exhibitions. The building is also surrounded by nice gardens adorned with fine sculptures including a Rodin.

Brunet Castle

Also known as "Castillo Yarur" was built in 1923 by Adolfo Brunet on Cerro Castillo, close to the presidential mansion. Currently it is owned by Carabineros de Chile (Chilean police) and is used as a reception center for important visitors. It was declared a national monument in 2005.

Castillo Wulff

Iconic building of the commune, of neo-Tudor style, built in 1906. Strategically located in the coastal border between the mouth of Marga Marga and Caleta Abarca. It was built by Don Gustavo Wulff Mowle (1862–1946) businessman and philanthropist of Valparaíso. The building was designed in two floors connected to a torreón through a medieval-style bridge.

The Palace of Cerro Castillo

Palacio de Cerro Castillo is the official country retreat and summer residence of the President of Chile. Constructed in 1929 in the Spanish Colonial Revival style, it is located in Viña del Mar and is a national and municipal historic monument.

Ross Castle

This is a building located at the foot of Cerro Castillo. It was built in 1912 as the residence of the businessman and politician Gustavo Ross Santa Maria by the architect Alberto Cruz Montt in the old lands owned by Ramón Nieto, owner of the north slope of Cerro Castillo.

Municipal Theater

In 1912, Dona Blanca Vergara de Errázuriz, continuing the work of her father, Don Francisco Vergara, donated the land for the Municipality to build a Theater of architectural design and elegance, similar to the great European theaters.Its construction began in 1925 and after serious setbacks, it was inaugurated on October 11, 1930 with the presence of the President of Chile, Mr. Carlos Ibáñez Del Campo.

Enjoy the National Heritage Day this Sunday 28th when you can visit wonderful places in this lovely city.